The 2012 Summer Olympics are coming to a close this weekend. Maybe you haven’t missed a second of the action, or maybe you’ve just been casually following the men’s swim team in the tabloids, but either way it’ll be sad to see the festivities come to an end this Sunday. Luckily, we found just the game to help you keep the party going. The best part? You can personally go for the gold without having to ever hit the gym. That’s right, we’ve stumbled upon Wine Olympics – courtesy of the clever minds over at Bottlenotes. Since our wine comes from great vineyards all around the world, we simply can’t pass up an opportunity to share with you a celebration of diversity and excellence in the form of fermented grape juice. Let the games begin!
How to play:
1. Ask each guest to bring two bottles of wine to the party – one to taste, and one as a prize for the winners. We recommend you up the ante and make it a truly Olympian experience by assigning each guest a different country. May the best winemaking nation win!
2. Stick one bottle of each wine into a brown paper bag and mark them (letters, number, shapes, what have you). Pass them around and have guests rank the wines from most to least favorite.
3. Once everyone has ranked each wine, tally up the scores. The wine that gets the most votes gets the gold, second most gets silver, and third gets the bronze (bonus points if you hit up iParty for actual medals…who doesn’t want an award for having great taste?)
4. Spots on the podium go to the people who brought the top three wines. Let the gold medalist choose their prize wine bottles first, silver second, and bronze third.
5. Bust out the bubbly and toast the winners!
So, if you want to celebrate the end of the Olympics with a bang…or if you just want an excuse to get together with friends and try wine from all around the world, this is super fun way to do it. Now here's the real question: think can I get Ryan Lochte to come to my Wine Olympics party if I tweet him an invite?